Thread: New to forum
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
karen8182

New to forum

Hi, I have been reading these posts for quite some time and I finally got the courage to post myself. I really want to thank everyone for sharing because I feel like other people here understand the position I am in.

I am married without kids and my husband is an alcoholic. We want to have children soon but I won't do that unless he can get control of his drinking because I don't want to bring kids into a toxic environment.

My husband goes back and forth telling me how much he loves me and wants to quit and making promises, and then at other times resenting me for trying to help him because he feels like I am a nag or just trying to ruin his life.

He will get himself in bad situations and then come running to me the next day apologizing and making empty promises, but by the end of the week he forgot everything that happened and the cycle starts over.

I am in my mid thirties and I don't want to wait longer to have children but I can't as a responsible person bring children into this. I won't leave him but I am starting to worry I will never have kids because of it and it is so upsetting to me.

Thank you all for listening to my story.