View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
NWGRITS
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by PippiLngstockng View Post
I really value the shared experiences of ACOAs. This last year has been hard because at least some of my children say that their lives were better when Stbxah and I were together. DD13 and I talked about this today. She said that even though AH and I barely had a relationship, at least then she had two parents and a heck of a lot more money.

I know time will tell but it hasn't been easy when my children are unhappy that I got their father out of the house and won't ever let him back in.
A lot of that "I wish you had never split" is peer pressure, and some of it could even be her own (unfounded) guilt. Kids tend to take on the responsibility for everything that goes wrong in the family. I remember when I was a kid, I always thought that if I got better grades, had better friends, was better at singing/painting/the piano, then everything would be fine. It would all be right if *I* did better. That was most of my family garbage talking, but I didn't know any better. I'm not saying that's the case with her, but I will bet she knows deep down that being out of the alcoholic environment is better. She's at a tough age where image is everything.