View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
hopeful4

[QUOTE=wanttobehealthy;4304212]
Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
I agree, but how do you go about making sure he can only see them in that environment?

You fight hard to protect your kids through legal means. And you might not have them 100% of the time which is heart wrenching and scary I know. But when they ARE w you you will now you have a peaceful home and not one ruled by the addict.

Wed and every other weekend isn't so bad. And you will find as I have that even w limited time, he will find reasons to not exercise it. He may play the part of great dad for a few weeks but the kids will be in the way of his desire for free time and he will soon be back to making excuses to not have them. And once he does that even once you've got your track record of his not exercising time and you DOCUMENT it to the heavens.

Your kids would probably beg you I'd bet if they had a choice to have 6 days a week of peace. That's what him having wed nights amounts to. 6 days of peace. Currently they and you have 0.

It WILL mean something if you write it into the parenting plan that he is NOT to drink and if you even suspect he is that you have the right to come get the kids. That's in mine. XAH agreed to it bc to not agree makes him look even guiltier of
being a drunk.

There's plenty of ways you can protect your kids. It's the unknown that scared me most of all. Get a good lawyer and fight and you will be better for it. And your kids will be safer than they are now.
Thank you for all of this. Question for you, around here the police will not get involved, you have to take someone back to court each time they do something outside of the parenting plan. Is that what you have experienced or is there another way. The police here just will not get involved, it makes me crazy. They say it is a civil matter (I have a friend going through this right now).