View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
hopeful4

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
In that case you have to take the risk, let go or be dragged. You're choosing a life of hell and codependency because of what might happen.

I do best when I base my life on the facts, and not on my hopes or fears. That's me.

My lawyer put me on the stand and had me recount the numerous drunken incidents, rehab stays, job losses, suicide attempts, etc. We had to have a long talk about facts vs hearsay because there was SO MUCH and only some of it was permissable. None of these things involved the police. You're asking the experts about how to keep him from driving them around. The better question would be, how do I make sure he has supervised visitation? I'm still mid-divorce and we only have supervised visitation as a temporary order. Something the judge will have to consider is the age of the children -- are they old enough to make a sandwich or make a phone call? If not, a good judge will err on the side of caution.

It might be hard, you might not win. But are you all really better off staying?

I don't know. I am certainly willing to have a life of hell and codependency to keep my kids safe. And for today, I am accepting that it's ok that I don't know.