View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
formyboys

Thanks for sharing this wanttobe...
my 16 yr old has some serious problems...I worry and wonder all the time if they are due to living with an alcoholic for 12 yrs. I left because my 2 older boys were out of the house and the youngest (ours together) had reached the age where I thought enough was enough...like it hadn't effected him earlier..now he has serious problems controlling his anger and he doesn't know why, he cannot make friends. He is a good looking funny kid and has NO FRIENDS. He lies, steals and says often " I don't care!!" and then beats himself up for it. He is so insecure about himself and worries constantly about his looks ..I know some of this is normal teenage stuff..but theres an underlying current to it that scares me. He has been in therapy since I left XRAH, he started cutting himself right after we moved out, we got it under control I thought ..his dad was in recovery and doing AA...then the whole affair happened and S16 went off the deep end again. I would love to hear how the situation has effected other kids...most of the time I feel very alone with all the stuff going on with him. No one understands.
I should have left waaaaay sooner then I did..I see that now.