View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lovefirstalways

Is this what I'm dealing with?

My husband has a high-stress job. We have three children. We live a fast-paced life and move often.
My husband is also the son of a raging alcoholic and the grandson of a recovering alcoholic.
He and I have been having a lot of arguments lately- I thought I had done something wrong and he let me believe that. He started leaving the house when we would get in fights, said he needed "time to straighten things out in his head" He'd go camping for the night.
These nights away from home became more frequent and then they stopped after awhile. Then we would start arguing again because when he was here, he still wasn't here. He was like a zombie- this man that wanted to do nothing, go nowhere, not have friends, not doing anything social.
I noticed how quickly he was going through cases of beer. How he would take down a six pack a night, sometimes every night of the week. He got angry if I said anything about it. Eventually we decided to separate for awhile, to give each other space to see what we wanted to do about our marriage.
Now when he comes home, he's only here for a few hours at a time before he gets anxious to run out the door again. I know he's not cheating- and it's not because I'm blind or dumb. When he is home for the weekend, he goes through a 1.75 liter bottle of Bacardi in two days.
He's a big guy and I never see him visibly get drunk from the drinking. But I see him put down so much alcohol. And I am not a big drinker myself, I like flavored stuff, hard cider to beer- and when he's desperate for a drink and his stuff is gone, I find empty bottles of the things I have for myself. I have found empty vodka bottles hidden in the garage- he tried to tell me it was from family visiting. But then I also found some in the trunk of his car.
I'm so worried about him- ad when I told him that he got angry, said that he was fine, not to worry.
I don't want to push an issue if there isn't one...but please tell me- is there one?