Thread: Giving up
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2002, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kathy122

Unhappy Giving up

I think I finally snapped. I met my husband and he drank I thought too much, but socially. Always laughing, etc. Then...
The past 10 years he drinks off and on mostly on. He owns his own buisness which does well whether he is there no not. He lost his license for driving drunk and he hired someone to drive him around. He will go for days on end drinking. I run around and empty the bottles, or water them down. etc. All of which is getting me nowhere. Well last night I snapped. he was sitting on the floor( He fell of the couch) and instead of looking for vodka bottles to empty, I ran around and found all of the hidden liquor in the house. I poured him a two full glasses of vodka and left another bottle next to him and said go ahead dink until you drop dead I can't stand it anymore. Then I went upstairs and fell asleep. When I woke up for work, he was already awake again and still drunk. I really didn't care if he passed out and dropped dead. That is a very scary feeling because I do love him and I really didn't care last night. Has this happened to anyone else?