Old 11-09-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Idontknowmyname

Cool Your not alone

Hello all and to the main poster. I am 26 years old and have been smoking non stop ( and I mean non stop) for 8 years. In California we got more weed shops the liquors stores. Recently I took a test for a new job and passed it. four days ago I was told I need to sober up because they will be looking to hire soon. They drug test randomly because it involves a commercial license so that means I must quit for good. I am scared because I never thought I had a problem with drugs I felt weed was not addicting but I think it is now that im trying to quit. I am four days sober with out weed. I have barely any friends because I isolated myself from them. The girl friend I have smokes more then I use to and we don't get along at all and she thinks meetings are stupid (she likes the thought of me isolating myself from friends and family). I have all kinds of anger problems and sobering up is making them much worse but I feel I cant let it get the best of me. I fear the symptoms of detoxing because I have to keep living life I cant just stop ( I am a college student). I feel so depressed and worthless I have no energy, I cant eat or sleep, I don't want to talk to anyone. I would like to change these things. I have worked so hard to get where im am at in my career. If I fail, I don't not only fail my self, but everyone's expectations in my family. You are not alone my friend. Thanks to everyone here I have found some strength. The reason I ended up here was because I was thinking about relapsing today, but now im I don't need to. ADVICE I have realized letting out what is bothering me helps and listening to others helps as well. im going to sign my self up for meetings right now I think that is the way to go.

Last edited by Idontknowmyname; 11-09-2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Spelling