View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
readerbaby71

it's been a rough few days.

My BF went on a bender over the weekend and didn't come home for a couple of days. Monday morning we went to his therapist and he said he wanted to go to rehab. He knows he will die and lose everything if he doesn't, and he's tired of living in such pain.

He doesn't have medical insurance and it's been a bitch trying to find somewhere that will take him. A lot of state and county funding in our area his dried up for these sorts of services. To get in he has to apply for medicaid and then see if he can find a bed. I've stepped back and he's doing this on his own (with his therapist's help). It's been discouraging but he's not giving up so far.

Today he's going to the therapist's and having him write a letter and fax everything to the assistance office and follow up with a call to see if they can push it through. I really, really hope that this works out for him. Otherwise it's the end of the road. Outpatient treatment just ain't gonna cut it.

I have been crying off and on because of various reasons, but I'm doing okay and I am proud of myself for stepping back and not trying to "help". I wish I could take this week off work but it's not possible. My boss is an incredibly negative person and a complainer. Yesterday I would have loved to tell her to STFU, but of course I didn't. This whole thing has motivated me even more to start really focusing on my freelance writing business. Life's too short to do something you hate every day.

I am truly overwhelmed and looking forward to some peace and quiet this weekend. Last night I was okay and then all of a sudden just had to lie down and cry for about an hour. I fell asleep around 7:30 and woke up at midnight--went back to sleep an hour later.

Tomorrow I'm taking my sister in for a visit to a gastro doc for the problems she's been having for over six months. It's kind of funny that I'm looking forward to it because I won't be at work.

Thanks all for your support. It means so much.