View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
BriteBabyBlue

Thanks all,

I think I am still having cravings because I have not been sober all that long, after drinking every day for 10 years maybe I am being impatient and need to give it more time. I do stay very busy with work, children, hobbies, house, etc. I use this site and WFS for support. I read more than I post. I am actually more active now than when I was drinking, I seem to have more interest now in activities I used to enjoy. I would put off going places or doing things because I was not sure if, when, and how much I could drink.

In the last 5 1/2 months I have made it through a lot of "alcohol related" events, weddings, parties, tailgating, family vacations, all without drinking. I cannot say I didn't want to or wished I wasn't an alcoholic. However, I was so proud of myself the next day that I was able to abstain, even though at the time I felt like the most boring person on earth. The very best part is my kids are not seeing me drink anymore, I love that!

To answer Dee's question, I do think the cravings have subsided some, I guess just not as much as I thought they would at this point. I have noticed that there are days I will think wow, several hours or half a day has gone by and I have not thought about alcohol. So maybe I'm better than I thought, just needed to talk it through. I am thankful for all the support here.