View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
meggem

It didn't go terribly....

Well, first of all thank you..THANK YOU. Once again you all truly saved me.

It was a little rocky at first - I think he was really nervous and expected balloons or something but I was stoic and flat. So he rambled nervously and seemed to have a conversation completely with himself making all kinds of assumptions. That smoothed out... Then he talked, I listened, I talked, he listened. He cried, I cried. We didn't hug - He tried - I pulled away but in my head I said get the hell away from me. He shared the good the bad and the ugly of rehab. He told me a lot of funny stories and told me about the bonds he made and the friends he made. I am happy for that...today.. I was considerate and I listened. A few times in my head I was thinking shut up about your stupid friends and funny stories. He asked if I would go with him to his first appointment for outpatient, I said ok. I went. It was about a 2 hour intake of all kinds of questions. He was happy I went. He thanked me. I said you're welcome. AND - the lady there knew of an ACTIVE ALANON MEETING It is Saturdays at 11:00 am. I am really excited to go.