Old 11-01-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JustAGirl1971

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
That is why I set my boundary, no drinking at all, because I realize he can do what he wants to himself but I am not going to let this ruin myself and my children and more importantly my relationship with them. I cannot control anyone but myself, so that is what I am doing.
That's the problem. He's quit drinking and he is trying to improve things at home and in our marriage. But, I think it's too late. I'm not the person I was when we married, or even the person I was a year ago. DS moving out was the impetus for me to evaluate where I am, where I want to be, who I am, and who I want to be. I don't know that I can do that with my husband. And, I feel this huge sense of urgency because I've already damaged my relationship with ds, I don't want to ruin it But, I feel a responsibility to my husband and to my faith to try to fix things between us. And, there's this other part of me that wants someone else to take this responsibility from me and make the decisions from me, lol. I just need to suck it up.

BobbyJ, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread!!!