Thread: Step-Dad
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
hopeful4

O sweetie, I am so sorry you are going through all of this. How old are you? I ask because there are meetings called Alateen which can help you through this maize. I think your goal of moving out is a good one. Have you told your mom that is your plan? For myself, the risk of losing my child would have me planting a foot in his butt out the door very quickly. Maybe she does not realize how much you are suffering.

None of this is your fault at all. He is obviously riddled with alcoholism. You cannot control it but you can choose how to react to it. I hate to say, I would plan to be out of the house as much as possible. Do you have a safe place to stay? I know my DD is 14 and she has a couple of friends who practically live with us because their home is a very bad environment. Not that mine is always cake, but nothing like theirs. Try not to engage with him at all. There is absolutely no reason to even speak to someone who is drunk, it is a complete waste of your energy and emoation and will only produce frustrating results for YOU, as you said, HE will not remember at all.

Keep posting here, you are not alone. Please be safe. Sending you huge hugs!