Thread: Step-Dad
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
French241

Step-Dad

Hi im new to this but i would like to share my story. I live at home with my mom step dad and 2 sisters. my younger cousin is also staying with us due to his mother is mentally ill and in the hospital. we also have 2 dogs and my cousins dog at home. My step dad is a alcoholic and has quit drinking maybe 2 times in his life and would be good for about a year then we would go to friends of the family party then 1 turns into 20 then he gets back into normal routine. my mother used to drink fairly heavily herself but they quit together and now she has been sober for quiet i few years she had had breast cancer 2 summers ago she is a survivor if i didnt have my mother this family would not be together. so we have my step dad he has made a good bit of changes over the years he as quit his substance addictions but still is a raging alcoholic he works 7-3 mon-fri. the week is not that aweful we have a routine no one talks to him after 5 and he goes to bed at 7pm he wakes around 11 and eats dinner slams some doors bc we are usually still awake then around 4am he gets up and most of the time you can hear him throwing up in the bathroom this is a daily thing! its disgusting. weekends are the worst he still wakes up bright and early drinks one cup of coffee and then starts drinking EVERY saturday and sunday. he comes to no family functions and no one likes to come to our home bc he is rude to everyone then starts slamming stuff. the fights have been getting worse with us he ALWAYS has something to fight about if its a cup in the sink or one of the dogs need out or WE DONT DO STUFF AROUND THE HOUSE. when he is the one who is so drunk that he never finishes any projects or do it right. so my mom ignores his bitching and so do we but sometimes i cant help but get frustrated and yell back he has thrown the strainer full of dishes at me locked me in my room kicked my dog and my mother says NOTHING bc the next day he doesnt remember. well i do and no one seems to care that im trying to make the best of my life and im struggling in the house to keep calm. ive set a date to move out by january i need all the luck i can get.