View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Originally Posted by TomSawyer View Post
I tend to believe in nature as a higher power. But I also believe in the power of fellow alcoholics/ the tables as a higher power.
I understand this.

I can witness a beautiful day and think of my HP and yet I can sit in a church basement with a group of drunks and feel the exact same awe.

I have started to see a HP as working through others in my life. The people in the rooms and the friends I have made are a creation of a HP.

Instead of seeing them as separate, they are pieces of the same whole. Slices of the larger pie. I am also a person in those rooms. I belong there, I help others there and receive help there. I am also part of the whole.

I used to think there were coincidences but there have been way to many in the last 7 months for me to think that way anymore. He has given me slices of the pie over and over again, I only need to grab them and then apply them.

The "whole" is very large and there is always space from more, always. It never gets full it just gets larger. As I have been walking this journey I have found that some of the pieces had fallen out but they do not leave an empty space, they are always replaced with a person, a belief or a feeling.

I do not think that the HP I have now will be the one I have a year from now because it is not the one I had a year ago.

As I change, it will change but it will never leave as long as I continue to pray for willingness, strength and guidance. The more I give myself to my HP the stronger I become.