View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Weaver

Originally Posted by Skydawg View Post
Thanks man but I am in no way in denial. Quite the opposite. I was surprised by a relative with tickets to a great show Friday which I immediately accepted. I didn't mean I planned to drink at all. What I actually meant was I wouldn't let something as trivial as a beer or cocktail interfere with my ability to enjoy a music show SOBER (those just happened to be my old vices). I loved music long before the poison ever crossed my lips and I do not plan on getting sober so I can live in a bubble and avoid things I love. See the difference is that this me talking not alcohol and it's not BS as you stated. I'm not delusional, in fact I must be pretty darn strong seeing as how everyone seems to think a slow gradual taper is impossible when in fact it has been relatively easy compared to the horror I read here daily. When I think about the YEARS I invested in becoming addicted six weeks is a relatively short window of time don't you think. I did the taper to give my body more than adequate time to adjust to my new way of thinking and living. I chose that over RX meds and so far it works. I simply cannot afford the cold turkey shakes, fogginess and nausea so often associated with stopping. Any way I hope this explains my post. I have zero interest in the powerless preaching of AA.

glad you found the secular forum. GAT is a great poster who I have noticed really knows his stuff when it comes to AVRT.

My only concern for you would be the six WEEK taper. Why such a long taper? And as I stated in my previous post in the other forum, it was always easy for me (in the past) to "know I will quit drinking" when I know I can drink again i.e. Your two beers tomorrow, or vodka drink with the band, a few more next week...etc"

Until (and this is recent and I am still trying to discover my recovery path) I admitted to myself, right then and there that "I cannot drink alcohol anymore or every again" I never really got it...

Just my two cents my friend.