View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
NWGRITS
Bunnies!

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
I could be working on my fear, my issues of abuse from my dad and others(not AH), and my abandonment crap from having parents who treated me like I was a piece of furniture most of the time.

ya know, at some point we have to mark a line in the sand for OURSELVES and separate past from present. we get to a certain age and continuing to use what the parents did to us as children really doesn't hold much weight anymore. you are an ADULT now, you have your own child who is now, at this minute, suffering at the hands of his parents. the cycle continues.

OR it stops. you don't have to STAY until you and the therapist figure it all out. it will always be a process. but it should never be an excuse. you have no physical impediments that prevent you from being on your own, getting a job, etc etc. you have no financial impediments. you would however have to take ownership of your own life.
This!!! Anvil always has such sage advice. The parent excuse only goes so far. At some point you have to stop blaming them and take control of your life. If is something you have to CHOOSE to do. The therapist can't do it for you.