View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
I have to totally agree with this. You are not doing your son any favors by keeping him in such dysfunction. I am a firm believer in the idea that it's better to come from a broken home than to live in one.

You have your own reasons for staying with this azzhole, but using your son as a reason is just wrong. He would be MUCH better off out of all that chaos.
Not to defend myself, but I originally said that it was ONE of my reasons for staying not the only one. I know for a fact that I stay out of fear (too many to list at this point with how I've let this thread go at this point), for financial reasons (I'm saving up for a lawyer whom I've already met with), and fear...oh wait, I said that.

And, because of this fear that currently keeps me immobile, I am thinking of changing therapists because in our sessions I find that we don't address my fear issues and the root cause of it. We get off track especially when she asks about my AH's antics from the prior week. I get caught in the 'talking about it mode' and then waste time when I could be working on my fear, my issues of abuse from my dad and others(not AH), and my abandonment crap from having parents who treated me like I was a piece of furniture most of the time.

As usual, I let my threads get off topic. Something I can work on, I guess, to help me understand my issues and why I get sucked into drama both created by me and created by others. Thank you all for the feedback!