Old 10-20-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Macallister

New to recovery and slipped up last night

Hey, I'm just starting off trying to stay away from drinking and drugs. Drinking has been my main issue in terms if substance abuse, but I do a few other things from time to time. My girlfriend recently got out of rehab, and for the most part, I didn't go out or drink during her entire stay in rehab. Anyway, I did t really want to drink last night, but I ended up drinking at my friends house. I expected that my girlfriend wouldn't call, because she's had a lot going on recently and has been acting very distant, hasn't responded to a few text messages and missed calls from me, and she is back in a recovery house. I planned on attending my first meeting on Monday night, but I called her yesterday and left a voicemail saying that if it was okay with her that I would like to have gone last night. She ended up calling me back last night, and since I didn't expect the call and I didn't have A very good week, I was kind of drunk when she called and I told her pretty much immediately that I was drunk. She got kind of mad and told me to call her today. I did and I left a voicemail for her apologizing and saying that I really want to go, but I really hope it's not too late. Drinking has messed up a bunch of opportunities for me and really don't want it to mess up this opportunity because I really do love her and I've had strong feelings for her for a long time now and im trying to give her space because i know she needs it. If anyone has any advice for me that would be great.