View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lizatola

I guess I am sort of angry at her, in some ways, because there is truly no physical proof of it. It's all assumptions and I don't like that. Honestly, it wouldn't matter if he did or didn't, this is more about how I feel about what she said and if it reveals something about my therapist and our relationship at this point.

AH and I had an interesting conversation the other day while in the car, with our 14 year old in the backseat. He asked about my sister and I told him she had a new boyfriend. He asked, "Are they having sex yet?" Gee, he goes right for it, you know? I answered that I didn't know and that it wasn't any of my business. He then asked how long they had been dating and I told him about 6 weeks. We talked a bit about my sister's issues and I wondered aloud why this guy is with her (she has an eating disorder brought on by anxiety from her STBX's behavior and cheating and is down to 98 pounds and has 2 special needs kids, no job, and she lives in a friend's basement) and my AH responded, "Well the only reason a guy sticks around is if he's getting sex. Plain and simple. Men don't stick around in relationships unless they're getting it."

And, my response....in my head, of course, was, "Then what the heck are you doing still married to me? LOL!"

And, yes, I had to talk to my 14 year old later in the day about relationships, about forming your own opinions, about turning to wise adults for counsel on relationships, etc and that you don't have to believe everything that someone says and that includes dad, me, or anybody else for that matter. I encouraged him to seek out his own truths when he's ready for relationships. So hard to have these kinds of talks with teen boys, but we got through it, thankfully.