View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

My therapist things AH probably cheated

Nothing has changed in my life since my last set of threads started here. I am working a strong Al Anon program, getting some financial footing going, sorting through things around the house, and really putting a lot of effort in to homeschooling our son. Basically, I'm keeping busy.

AH has been traveling a lot and that's fine with me. He's going on a work sales reward trip to St Thomas next week and, like last year, I turned him down so he's going alone. I hate missing this trip but it would cost me my own emotional well-being and self-respect if I went so I chose to stay home. Anyway, my therapist thinks he most likely has cheated. Honestly, I have no reason to think that, I don't snoop anymore, and I have seen no weird things when it comes to him as it's just the same old same old attitudes and behaviors. Yet, her statement got me thinking. One thing she did say was that she didn't think he was capable of having a long term affair and that if he did cheat it was probably along the lines of the one night stand type stuff. Is it weird that I've never given this much thought? He's the one who has repeatedly accused me of cheating, too, of course! Am I really that naive or is my therapist off base? Honestly, I've been thinking of finding a new therapist since she's dropping my insurance soon anyway, but I have been contemplating what she had to say. Thoughts?