View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Believe it or not that does go away. I promise. This coming weekend will be my 21st sober. I'll never forget my first Friday after quitting and I was sitting in your shoes thinking the same things that you're thinking.

You know what happened? Monday came and I was glad that I pushed through and spent the weekend sober. Next week I did the boo boo face but the craving was not as intense.

I found the key was to plan something to do that would make me happy. I think I preplanned and saw more movies on Friday night in two months time than I have in years.

What can you do to get your head out of where it is right now? You can spend a lifetime of Fridays feeling the way that you do or you can face the music now and push through it. What are your plans for the evening?

Oops, I'm back, I read your post wrong. Yes indeed, some Fridays do suck. However, like I said above they do pass. In fact, where we were feeling the same in the beginning I can't even tell you the last sucky Friday that I had. It does go away, I promise!