View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Welcome Kadidee ~ glad to have you join us ~

Amy - such a wonderful job at allow B to grow up ~ how wonderful that she is learning to use detachment skills and become her own person. Seems that motherhood suits her well.

Just had parent/teacher conferences with Sunshine's teachers - neither of them knew her complete history about her mom, dad and living with us ~ for those new to the thread - Sunshine is our 9 yr old granddaughter - lives with us - her mom passed away when she was 4, her dad (my step-son) is an active addict/alcoholic who allowed us to have her at age 6.
She is doing very well - made Honor Roll ~ 4th grade is a very tough year but she is doing well. YEAH - because 4th grade homework is kick our booty! lol

So grateful she is doing well!
her Dad is not - lost another job, needs to see an eye dr & according to Mr. PINK's ex wife - he is using someone's contacts and is in bad shape.
Mr. PINK & I agree we would offer to pay for the eye dr & a pair of glasses for him.
I texted him the message - he replied with "K"
Mr. PINK did a little obessessing about it ~ wanted me to call him again ~ make an appt etc. . .
I said "We can't make him GO to the dr, just like we can't make him do anything. The offer is there - he knows it, if he wants to go, he will let us know."
Mr. PINK said "You're right, I just have to let it go."

So that was the first part of the week - no response from him ~

I know it hurts Mr. PINK's heart to know his son needs medical help but won't go ~
and probably won't go because he is deep into drinking & using. . .

This disease is awful & I hate it!

Glad our Sunshine isn't living in it tho ~

pink hugs