Old 10-17-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
karate

Originally Posted by GracieLou View Post
The Anger. Anger was a tough one. I wanted to run from it. I hated being mad, I always have but it was one of the only emotions I let be seen and heard. Hurt or pain, never. These I hid quite well.

I have learned it was not anger as much as it was fear. I read something the other day and it made me LOL. FEAR - F*CK EVERYTHING AND RUN.

That was me! When I drank I was off and running. Not being able to run from the anger and the fear was the hardest part for me.

It will. I promise it will if you stay sober and work a recovery program. I am not saying you will never be sad again, that is not possible, but discovering the reasons for it and then dealing with it are better than sinking in it.

I still get sad to the point that I feel nothing else but I have learned to lean on and open up myself to others and sharing it, cuts it in half. You don't have to feel or be alone. We are here

ANGER ,here as well ,I actually had to get professional help for that one ,
could not master it on my own .

I was still mad as a lunatic ,90 days in ,no alcohol .

The anxiety seemed to go away in about 2 weeks ,I tapered off with benzo"s and only took them daily for a week or so .

I do have a RX for benzo"s ,take them when it gets out of hand -they work GREAT , but I do not abuse them .