View Single Post
Old 11-28-2002, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hangin' In
Southern through and through

Smokes,

You make me cry not only because your story was so sweet but because my daughter left the house tonight so angry at her dad and me

We are at our wits in. She is sober 26 days and we've had some rough times when she has come in drunk. But tonight she was sober but totally lost it when we had something to say about the boyfriend (who is verbally abusive.) She has never acted this way when sober and that is what scares me. Before we blamed the terrible outbursts of anger on the alcohol, but now....sober and screaming at her dad that she hates him. I can't tell you how much it hurt, but I think ya'll know all too well.

Her dad and I have done nothing but support her in her recovery. I mean have done everthing we think and have been told we are supposed to do. Yet tonight, she blamed us for not making enough Al Anon meetings. Guess she has forgotten we have driven out of town 2 times to find meetings only to find no one there.

I guess the thing we are trying to deal with now is her disrespect and lack of appreciation. I KNOW YA'LL KNOW the expense of this all....the treatment, the counseling, the lost years of school (she has withdrawn from college 3 times), etc. And tonight, she stands in the kitchen, tells us she isn't going to listen to us, even looks at her dad who has been NOTHING but THE BEST dad around, and tells him she hates him cause he confronted her.

Ya'll, when do you say, "Ok, if this place is so bad, you are free to move out, but you will be supporting yourself." I really don't know when to do that or if that would be the best for her.

This all happened when she was sober. That is what scares me.
We have busted our tails to support her in this yet we are screamed at and told we are hated. Then she says "give me my keys"....yep, to the car we bought.

I gave them to her cause frankly I didn't care for her to be here. We told her to be home by midnight. We'll see.....

Any advice? I sure could use some.
Thanks guys.