View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
allforcnm

wonderful news.

When my husband first entered treatment, he had a lot of highs and lows. We were allowed communication from the start, and I found it really did help to try to look at things not only from my perspective, but also from his. There were thoughts and feelings he expressed, some seemed irrational to me, but he was sharing what he genuinely felt. I needed to listen, because that is part of communication in a marriage IMO. My husband also had a lot of insecurities, lots of guilt, shame, regret - at different stages it changed. He wanted to leave a couple times, once in the beginning, and once later on. In the beginning, he didn't like his main doctor, or any of them for a while, but the end of treatment he had nothing but respect for them, the big picture became clear to him.... and to me.

It took a lot of courage for you to meet yesterday, and today. I was reading your post from yesterday about his wedding ring. What strikes me, is not that he took it off and threw it on the table, but he came back and put it on.