Thread: Lost!!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nelsky

Lost!!

Good evening!!

I'm the girlfriend of an ex heroine addict!! I say ex... Lately he's been using something again!! I think it's mkat but I know he's injecting!! I know he's ha a bad year and when we got back together 3 month ago he was snorting it but it has progressed since then!! He hasn't lied to me about it and has said he's scared and worried but hasn't expressed a desire to stop!!

I know he has to stop for him so I haven't given any ultimatums or anything but I'm lost!! Other websites just say to leave him he's not worth it... But I know this man sober and he is worth it to me!!

But I'm scared because I feel if I leave we'll both get hurt and he may get worse, I feel if I give him an ultimatum he'll start lying to me!! And I feel like if I stay I'm saying its OK!!

I don't know what to do for the best!! I don't give him money anymore but my health is starting to suffer because of stress!! As one who turns to drink in times of stress I've already made the decision to stop drinking and I've told him hoping it will spur him to make the right choice!!

I'd like to get advice from anyone else in this situation!! Is it possible to stay with him or am I supposed to go like everyone keeps saying - I can't see either situation suddenly making him get back to NA! Should I suggest NA!! It is not at a point yet where he's on it all the time but t is getting there. I'm sat here now and can see in his eyes he's on something!!

My heart is breaking for this man, he lost his job recently evaluate he failed his driving test! his mum had cancer, he's suddenly had a daughter move in with him, his ex (between us) was severely anorexic! Things between us last year didn't help!! He is a fantastic man and he seems to not be able to see it anymore!!

Advice needed please!! I'm so lost!! He's using it for emotional purposes!!