View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

So if you look at it another way you have drank 3 times in a year and a half...! That is change in itself. I don't know what you drank like before but I know that if I relapsed every week it would still be progress, hell twice a week. I know I shouldn't compare but if you look at all the nice normal well adjusted non alcoholics out there, I bet none of them quit drinking for that long!

I was thinking about change today too. I have changed a lot during my sober time, actually not drinking was the only hard bit, the rest is just a series of adjustments. A book I have on meditation talks about doing 'habit releasers', changing little seemingly unimportant things like the chair you sit in in meetings or the way you walk to work. I am more conscious of the little things now because they do make a difference. I remember just how changing the way I shopped, the food I ate and the way I got home helped me when I first got sober. Of course there is the big stuff too, but don't fall into the trap of thinking that external stuff will change how we feel inside. Except the long days, they can go x

I had yoga tonight and that was really nice. Oh and I took the dog for a walk in the forest in the dark! I got her a light up collar. I load of people still go there even when it is pitch black and I am considering it but am a big girl. It wasn't too dark tonight but still enough to make me see things in the shadows. A couple of girls said they'd let me know when they're going and we'll take head torches and stuff. I think I have watched far too many horror films to cope it that situation though!