View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
MN81713

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
What a sad situation. I'm sorry you and your daughter are going through this. But, honestly, you cannot help her if you cannot even help yourself. Reaching for the bottle is the worst thing you could do. You certainly can't drive to her after you've been drinking.

I'm not sure what advice I have, other than to get your own situation straightened out. They say one must put on their own oxygen mask before they can help anyone else.

If your daughter needs help, I'm sure there are places where she is that she can contact. There comes a point where we just can't save our kids, they have to want to save themselves. I've been there, so I know what I'm talking about. l know it doesn't make the hurt go away, but it's the honest truth.
Thank You, I do have her thinking about Hazelton in MN (not sure if spelling is correct) and she is considering that...I don't know about cost/insurance, etc. but at least its a step, only thing that worries me is that she thinks it's a vacation...she doesn't want to work, get up in am, go to school....I have all that to offer her but again, she wants that fast cash she grew up with, thanks again...