View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Elseware

Actorchris, you sound discouraged in your last post. I hope this passes for you. I am about 6 weeks out from the Vikes and I am finding myself at loose ends, too. So much of my life was caught up in addict behavior. Everything seems so empty now. I have no motivation to do anything but put one foot in front of the other. I feel paralyzed and unable to do anything. I have to force myself to do the smallest things. But one thing I am doing is trying to get some natural endorphins going by walking out everyday for a long, fast walk. It's the only thing I have any heart for. It's what is keeping me going. This feels like walking into the unknown. I've been using drugs or alcohol since I was 15. (62 now) Your idea of getting some exercise is a good one. It's the only thing that helps for me. I used to drink before I started with the Vicodin. I stopped drinking but then picked up the pills. They got out of hand fairly rapidly. Well, the one thing I wanted to say in this long rant is that getting some exercise surely can't hurt and it will probably help a great deal. Good luck and keep posting!