View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Oh Hux...you make me laugh. Yes, your shoes are very cool...now back to your sobriety!

We all find our own way through this but the ones I see who are the most successful have a plan of some sort. It shouldn't be a case of fighting until you run out of strength...way too hard. Just little changes to our daily routines can be enough sometimes. Looking at ourselves and yeah, being a bit reflective.

It doesn't have to be hard work. The thing that has changed my life most in the past month has been meditation classes. I couldn't just have carried on in my old routine minus the drink because I would have missed it too much, so I had to fill the hole that drinking left in my schedule with things that make me feel better and help me grow.

At first it was AA meetings, though I have now dropped those, counselling, meditation, the gym...and tons of SR. That has kept me going...the many friends who understand what it's like and don't mind when I have a wobble...they are my lifeline.

You can do this Hux...you just need to find your own path. And you don't need to run along the most dangerous cliff-edge path either, a slow and leisurely one will do. The journey through sobriety doesn't have to be hard all the time xxx