View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
InsertNameHere
Random Guy

**** Hux, I joined SR November of 2011, this is the March 2012 group, and my sobriety date is in January 2013. This stuff ain't easy, not by a long shot. We, who have been right where you are know that better than anyone else. Please keep in touch as we look forward to hearing from you regardless of what's going on. Of course we would love to hear that your sober, but that is by no means a requirement. I know I felt shame and like I wasn't measuring up to the others here every time I managed to drag my hungover butt back here, but all of that I see now was unfounded on anything people here thought and all based on my self deprecation. So in short, keep coming back woman we love ya regardless and love hearing from you. Its a journey and you can't get to where you want to be if you stop trying.

Okay now I'm trying too hard to be too deep. Love ya Hux.

Hypo, I starting to think you and I have a lot in common. I still haven't ordered furniture but I am still thinking about it. Telling someone about thoughts or urges to drink was one of the first things my sponsor told me. He said, saying it out loud especially but not necessarily to another person, takes the power out of it. He was right. Keeping those thoughts to yourself just gives them room to grow and fester. Saying it out loud makes it easier to bear. For me that was hard to do as I didn't want to impose on someone else my own weakness, or to inconvenience them with my own personal pile of dookie. It really does help though.

I've been sick the last few days, pretty much laid out all day Friday and Saturday, but I am feeling much better now. Of course that might be the motrin talking.

Have a good one all.