View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
fini

Mentium,
none of this may be typical; I've only been to maybe forty or fifty meetings, so don't know what "typical" is.
but i will say that i find your post pretty "bashy" in describing your fed-upness with stuff that AA is very up front about. everyone will tell you it's a spiritual program involving a Higher Power. so why be pissed off and upset when there are lots of people referring to their HP and other spiritual aspects of their program?
these are among the reasons i didn't go for the first few years after i'd quit drinking: fearing that AA was likely to be just as advertised, why would i go if i could see no merit in what was on offer?
the fact that i really had no understanding of what actually IS on offer is a whole different story, but i'll ask you outright why you're doing this: "I already make huge allowances against my better judgement and existential outlook by going to AA meetings......" i mean: why bother?
if you're going somewhere against your better judgment and you have a BS detector and people doing what they're actually advertising they're about sends that detector into the red zone....why not do yourself and everyone else there a favour?

it just seems to be lose-lose situation for everyone involved.

to what do you attribute the fact that you've stayed away from drinking longer than before? which aspect of being there might be helping you? maybe you can get THAT aspect somewhere else and leave the good folk at that meeting to do their thing?