Old 10-11-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Recoverynow View Post
Speaking about my drinking in the present tense. I see. The addictive voice isn't always easy to spot.

I will be using AVRT (not very well so far evidently!), smart tools and when push comes to shove plain old fashioned willpower to beat this thing.

Cheers for the post GT.
The Beast of AVRT can't even make a depression in your skin, let alone push or shove you. Physically speaking, it's more like a terrified, talking, ventriloquist fish, somewhere in whatever room you're in. You used to be very fond of it, and kept it happy in a big tank. But now you've put it in a small shallow pan of water from which the oxygen is slowly getting used up. Occasionally it flops and you recognize it. You will hear it talking, but as soon as you know where the voice is coming from, you can immediately ignore it.

Somewhere in the RR material, I remember the explanation of "willpower" as being not so effective a description of how the AVRT Big Plan works. A better term would be, I think, "willsupremacy". In other words, for me to exercise my will actually takes no power at all. It's a very quick neuronal brain activity that takes no muscles at all, ie. no power. But my will does reign supreme over my deliberate conscious behavior, and keeping alcohol out of my blood is part of it.

That said, keeping alcohol out of my blood is so specific and in-my-face controllable, that I do not attach ANY conditions to succeeding at that. I don't know of any other recovery program that attaches NO Conditions to never drinking again. In AVRT all such conditions are the Addictive Voice trying to throw red herrings into my willsupremacy.

Yep, if you find yourself about to swallow some alcohol, you can be sure something fishy is going on around you.