View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
thislonelygirl
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by AllThings View Post
AH and I had our first session of marriage counseling today. This is a counselor that has seen us both privately in the past, so she know us well. She said she was very impressed with how honest my husband was, considering this was our first session since his affair.

On one had, it went well, he WAS really honest and really sober, both are good. The bad part, he's "on the fence" about our marriage. He's giving it a 50/50 shot.

I just don't even want to face this. I've been through so much with him, given, given, and given, been the Codie through and through. But, I don't want to throw away our marriage. HE has the audacity to say he's not happy! Does he have a flippin clue what unhappy even smells like? Part of me just wants to die inside, just pull a blanket over my head and sleep...forever. Another part of me is getting very angry, but I'm not good at angry.... I don't stay angry long and it almost always turns to depression.

Has anyone ever tried therapy with their A?

I am not ready to do therapy with my ah. Im so far gone with his selfish blaming addictive butt ...listening to anymore outside of home sounds like torture for me.
Sounds like hes somewhat willing but I dont know if I could have been in your shoes...I probably would have rung his neck. All the more reason im not ready yet. Im dealing with nyself first as I think my ah should. Look internally.
Obviously not yalls case since youve both have had individual therapy for awhile.
All I can say is ....hes still blaminglyou and self pittying himself and thats not fair to you or going to fix yalls marriage. A few more sessions and a head knocking. Lol