View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Mentium
However tonight was simply ******* bonkers in my book and I could not cope. So I left at the break half way through.
I've walked out of AA meetings countless times. I would even walk out for a 'smoke break' every time, one of a few AA member, that would get all high and mighty with AA spirituality during their share. I left a good few meetings angry and at my wits end with AA and some AA members.

Today as a person of long time non-faith/belief, I practice letting-go of any spiritual annoyances that would trouble me. I see now that it is none of my business what spiritual/religious people do or say. I am no longer concerned about the spiritual one way or the other. There is a release of tension, conflict, discord when I let go of the whole shebang of faith/belief and embraced the unknown. Tolerance provides me peace today.

Tolerance of frustration when dealing with others is a skill anyone can develop.
SMART Recovery: Irrationalities Related to Low Frustration Tolerance or Short-Range Hedonism Great link, read it if you have time.

Keep working on yourself. There is a good payoff at the end.