Old 01-18-2005, 02:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
baumnutde

Enabling

Hello Group, I just found this site, because I'm at my wit's end regarding my wife's drinking problem. Normally, it's always said that we men have the problem, but it's really frustrating when the alcoholic is a wife. I stopped drinking 14 years ago last month. I still take life one day at a time, but I just don't know if I can continue to deal with my wife's drunkiness nightly. I finally moved out of the bedroom last weekend, because she spent all weekend drunk. I'm embrassed to have my friends come to the house, yet she blames all me for all the trouble. Being a recovering alcoholic myself, I thought I had the wherewithall to provide her some insight into what i went through. But none of that does any good. So, I stay. I'm so tired of living in fear and anxiety that she will leave, thereby causing all kind of debt problems with the purchase of this new house we got. But, my higher power is still with me, because I haven't had a drink today..Anyway, just felt the need to share.....Duke