Thread: Is it possible
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Johnston

Originally Posted by NeverHadALegal View Post
Is it possible that our relapses are much much worse than they actually would be based on power of suggestion. For years or how ever long you have been in the program it has been pounded in to our heads that 1 drink will lead us to doom. Is it possible that if we un-wash these "facts" from our brain, we could go on living happy life's enjoying a drink or two after a few years of sob riety?

~Doubts
That's the line of thinking I took when I tried picking up again a few years ago after a good stretch of abstinence. Kind of like "there is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so". It did work for a while I have to admit. Was able to stay within MM guidelines for almost a year. Then I found that the compulsion was slowly creeping in and taking priority of other things. Gradually I was drinking more that I had planned until I had enough again. Have almost two years abs now.

Good luck, but I would not recommend you try it. Ask yourself why you're entertaining these thoughts. That void can get filled in more healthy ways IMO.