View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
jacrazz

Originally Posted by DreamsofSerenity View Post
Atalose, You certainly pinpointed the way I jump into relationships. The guys present themselves as the ideal mate, and then I idealize them even more. I'm not sure I've ever actually seen a man for who he was at the moment; I've always just seen who he could be after I transformed him with my love. What a joke.

If I consider what I DO NOT want in a partner, all that comes to mind is the fact that I DO NOT want a partner at all. I have never been single a day in my life since I was 13 years old--I am 40 now. This last relationship with my exabf really did me in. How can I ever fully recover from the effects of his betrayal? I know I can find happiness and peace alone, but how can I ever trust myself in a relationship again?

I have my kids and I'm a good mother, albeit a little codie and overprotective at times. I'm also a good friend. But I suck at relationships, and all they have ever been for me is a constant source of pain. Why bother with them anymore?

Anyway, thank you for your kind words.
Me too the tee! It's amazing how much in common we have will oh so many here on SR.... Just when we think we are a special case!!