Thread: date night
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
new beginnings

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
might i suggest no more date nights? you are attempting to have NORMAL while living with CRAZY and it won't work. it will not work the way you dream hope or envision. HIS Priority is to......DRINK. his second priority evidently is to keep you constantly on the beat down, to use you as his personal whippingboy/scapegoat/target...of all his pent up crap. time to get really REAL about what is REALLY going on. face it head on and deal with it. he is an abusive alcoholic. he can't be that "sharing a bowl of popcorn watching a movie" guy. he doesn't see you as a partner or an equal, he doesn't even really SEE you at all anymore. get out of the house more, get away from him more and see what that feels like. to be able to breathe, speak your mind, take yourself to a movie and WATCH the whole thing. and ask yourself why you keep going back? what REALLY holds you to someone who is so horrid to you?
A lot of us are "stuck" in these situations for a variety of reasons. I do not know anything about your situation. But, I can speak for myself, I know my life is not normal. I would love to be able to go to a movie or be able to get out of the house and breathe. But unfortunately when AH is at home, those things are not possible and so I do as she does and try and try again to make the best out of the situation. Until I am able to leave the situation, then I have to appease the AH as much as possible. I would imagine maybe that is what she was doing also. I think if all things were normal NONE of is would be or stay in these situations. But we cannot criticize someone when we have not walked in their shoes.