View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dessyflash

Just checking back in.
Somehow he knew as soon as I came home that I had found out about the hospital bill. He swore up and down that he had had a "panic attack" and had not told me because he didn't want to burden me. Unsurprisingly, he didn't have any copies of paperwork that would prove this, but he says he has requested copies from the hospital. Whatever. Whether or not he's in active addiction, the fact is that the behaviors and attitudes that led to the addiction in the first place are still solidly in place, and a relapse is inevitable as long as that's true. If I ever want to be happy, and I do, I need him out of my life.
Moving out is not really possible I don't think. The landlord is well aware that my income pays the rent and utilities, and that he is absolutely incapable of doing it if I leave. And while some might say, "but it's not worth your peace of mind!" I *love* my home and intend to be living in it at the end of this, even if I have to go stay with a friend until I get him out.
What floors me is *how* can he continue to live here knowing I want nothing more in the world than for him to be gone. Doesn't that have to be mentally exhausting for him? In his position I'd be looking at any possible option and getting out ASAP, which he says he's doing, but I have my doubts....