View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 11:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
BackToSquareOne

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
I think Mentium has said something quite important here. So I’m going to expand on it.

Perhaps sharing the two links below on a thread started by someone with 3 days might seem a little odd. Nevertheless here goes.

People who consider themselves to be in the rational and scientific camp should listen to what the cutting edge of modern physics is exposing to us right now about the nature of reality. One very interesting fellow is Peter Russell. He trained at Cambridge with Steven Hawking so he’s no lightweight. Here is a link The Primacy of Consciousness - Peter Russell - Full Version - YouTube

There are a host of others. Here is a link to Anton Zeilinger (a prominent quantum physicist) speaking with the Dali Lama. The Dalai Lama and Quantum Physics 1/6 - YouTube

You have to ask yourself why so many prominent physicists are taking a closer look at ‘spirituality’.

Keep a very broad definition of ‘higher power’. Investigate on your own and keep an open mind. If you do IMO, you can’t go wrong.

Thank You for posting those links Awuh1, Physics, conscious awareness and all those topics are fascinating. Trying to merge hard science and spirituality seems to have a lot of conflicts but we know so little in the whole scheme of things. I joined the school of "I Don't Know".