View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
IfGodWillsIt

Originally Posted by Regretter View Post
Hey man,

I was toking heavily for 23yrs and also had insomnia for about 18yrs due to sleep paralysis and anxiety. It took me about 8 weeks to fully settle down and get proper sleep again after I quit toking and something I found extremely useful was Valerian root (natural), which doesn't make me feel groggy the next day like the chemical aids.

The thing that's important to remember about the chemicals in cannabis is that they're still present in the body up to 3 months after stopping using and that's relative to its quality and the amount used, so 5 weeks is still in the red zone for most people who were heavy users and attempt sleep unaided or use chemical sleep aids.

or about 8hrs after aerobics, so either do it in the morning or cut it out for now. Running in the AM is always the best option as by the time the body's metabolism is slowing down 8hrs later you'll be coming home from work and be thinking about food and sleep.
Thanks for the great advice man. I didnt know about the 8 hour thing. I was jogging at sunset, about 3 hours before bedtime. I switched it up to 6 hours before, thats the earliest i can workout because i start my day at 6am.

The anxiety really sucks the life outta me. Ive never before experienced the type of anxiety that im having these days. Ill be happy almost all day and then ill start feeling sad. I start worrying about my future, my loved ones, and my health. I read an article that explained cannabis withdrawal causes a type of anxiety that cant be quelled by merely thinking happy thoughts. My anxiety definitely feels that way.

Anyways, those bursts of anxiety are slowly becoming less frequent day by day. That gives me a little hope that itll just go away one of these days. Thanks for reminding me about the 3 months. Im just going to have to wait this out.