View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
interrupted

Originally Posted by souper View Post
I see that (from reading other posts) being with an active user is not safe or a good idea and everyone says to leave the addict. This is the whole problem! HOW do I know!? It's all very confusing. All the symptoms and a lot of the signs that I read about can very easily fit someone who is not using or never used drugs. Before I knew about his addiction, I would have never guessed. I just thought he didn't love me anymore. Now I know better in hindsight. But currently. How do I know? Do I wait it out until there is no denying it? *sigh*

I wish it was more simple to be able to see and know and then go from there.
Just trust your gut, and watch the behavior. Sometimes it really doesn't matter whether there are drugs involved, drug use does not excuse bad behavior. A relationship with someone who doesn't love you, or acts like they don't love you anymore doesn't sound like a rewarding relationship, regardless of drug use.

I'm concerned about the opiate drugs on the floor with your children around, I'm glad you were there when she found the pill, that could have been an extremely close call, depending on what age we're talking about.