View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 11:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
souper

Thanks for replies. Jjj111 I'm sorry about your sister. I have a brother who struggles with addictions in addition to my husband. I've been getting a lot better since last year. I do remind myself that i can not change him or cure him. But I don't think talking to him will hurt. I don't think reminding him will hurt. I can not stop talking/ encouraging him completely. But ultimately I believe he and God can only change him. It's hard though.

Lovemenow you could be right too. I usually have a feeling when something is wrong.

I do wonder where he is getting money to buy anything? Or when he does he buy anything?
Usually he's working away from home and I talk to him pretty much the whole time while he's driving home from work (3hrs away from home) and when he's home we are with him the whole time... It's weird.
I just keep hoping he is different then what I've read about and that he will have that "moment" and realize that he's going down hill. And that he's not lying to me... I definitely will continue to pray for him. I know I can't make choices for him.