Old 09-30-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sasha4

Hi mate

Welcome to our happy family.
I am glad you found us.

I have experienced that liver pain that you mention.
I can share with you two things about how I dealt with it.

1. I drank a lot of vodka with fizzy mixer, like diet coke. I am convinced that some of the pain, like my the feeling of the liver jutting out or my ribcage being about to burst open, was due to drinking too much drinks that caused acid reflux and gas.
However I am no medical expert, so you would be better seeking advice from your GP. Your GP will not judge you and may be able to advice you regarding stopping drinking. Its nothing to be ashamed of and they have seen it before. Any tests they do to find out if any damage has been done will put you out of your misery. At least you will know.

I am not sure how old you are now, although you mention the age 19 in your first post, but it can take years and years of drinking to damage your liver. Don't take that as the green light to keep drinking though if you are younger.

2. I have been trapped in that cycle of drinking too much. Then checking myself for symptoms of alcohol damage, like yellow eyes and skin, pains in my liver area, terry's nails, bruising easily and being petrified and almost torturing myself into convincing I was about to collapse from severe alcohol abuse and how did I deal with it? By pouring myself another large vodka! Absolute madness.

However, in Feb 2014, it will be 2 years since I had a drink.
I have not had to do those frightening self health checks anymore.
I am no longer scared about going to the doctor in case I need a blood test and it shows how much I drink.

It is such a nice, peaceful, contented feeling to live like I do now health wise than I did.
I could never go back to drinking like I did.
I go straight to the doctors if I am ill and I am proud to tell them I am over 18 months drink free.
I think it is a great feeling to be able to be proud of not drinking.

There is one statement that explains my drinking career (I am 39 years old) to perfection.

'I have regretted drinking many times. I have never ever regretted not drinking once'.

I wish you the best
xxxx