View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Starlight23

Should I stay or should I go now......

Is the question I keep asking myself!

Partner is an alcoholic has been for about 7 years but it's got really bad within last 6 months. Vodka everyday, seizures , verbal abuse etc

I want to be with him but only if he's sober, I hate the person he becomes when he drinks, it disgusts me.

I think that me staying with him is only enabling him as he thinks cos i m not leaving him he can drink when he wants, even tho i tell him it's not on!

I get the suicide threats if I say i'm gona leave with the kids so that makes me stay and also the fact he keeps having seizures worries me so much, that something bad will happen if i'm not there.

He comes and goes with aa meetings, but never sticks and trys his hardest.

The hardest he tried was when i kicked him out and he went to stay at his mum n dads n he sobered up for 5 days, not a lot eh but still proves he can do it!

I hate everything right now, I hate how he treats me when he's drunk, how he's lost his job and we have no money that will eventually lead to us losing our home and im physically/mentally ill/exhausted with it all , that it prevents me from getting to work , getting important things done.

I feel I have tried everything to help him, but he dosen't want to help himself , only to a certain point then he gives up.

I'm losing hope feel like I will never get my man, kids daddy back.

I need to leave him so he can get himself better, I just don't know if I have the strength and the courage.

Thanks for listening

x