View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lyssy

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
texting in the middle of the night to whom???
His buddys (and yes, I know for a fact that it is not women). Why he does it, I have no idea. I pay the bill. I see the details. No snooping necessary.

I am awake a LOT during the middle of the night. but I don't grab my phone and start TEXTING people!
This is a behavior that started when his drinking progressed. Hindsight being 20/20, I now believe that he was getting up in the middle of the night and drinking. Towards the end (before rehab) I honestly believe that he was drinking 24/7. Every hour. Every day.

does this behavior seem normal TO YOU? his hooking up with old drinking buddies? whatever else he's doing that hits your radar??
Do you mean - would I act/behave in this manner - or are you asking if it is "normal" for his behavior?

For me - no, this is not behavior I would do or is normal for me. For him, as stated above, yes, it was normal for him when he was drinking which was all the time so I have no idea if it is normal for him when he isn't drinking or, on the other hand - is he drinking again?

instead of worrying about what he may or may not be going, have your finances in order, and protected against disaster, determine your boundaries...what you will and will not accept. and what YOU will if someone violates your boundaries. cuz you can't control how anyone else behaves...only how you behave, how you react, how you act.
Finances in order! Boundaries set! Plan in place! Protect against disaster - I guess that is the purpose of the original post.

Thank you for your input.