View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
lesliej

hmmmmm...

about a year and a half ago I joined two free sites. I sat here one night and thought to myself that I needed to continue to do something...anything...to keep working some sort of process to keep moving away from and trying to get over my ex. Mostly I have just been sitting on the site, hardly active at all myself, except that I do get (like anyone does) plenty of messages and such.

if you want laughs you actually should check it out. pic after pic after pic of men holding a phone up in a bathroom mirror to get a dingy self portrait in an icky bland bathroom...or inevitable they are sitting on their motorcycles. and on "plenty of fish" website they are all holding up big dead fish...I mean wtf?! lol

so...I have actually met out in coffee shops with 3 different guys. one was just dull...one was an absolute work aholic...no joke, really, giant red flags and that was interesting...and #3??? a foot fetishist! I kid you not!!

I tell you this, the truth, for a laugh.

however...I do think that if you were to work it, and I'm not quite ready because I've been too busy and stressed and feeling frumpy...but if you do work it I think it works!

remember that I marry people as part of my work? well I have married a lot of people who met online!! as we get a little older (i am five oh now!!) it can actually be a sane way to go.

I look at it this way...I walk into a coffee shop, I notice an attractive guy who looks interesting, instead of trying to make eye contact, or wonder if he's single...or if he might want to talk, or wonder if he might be interested in me...well...you already know the answers to this when you've arranged to meet!!

lately...just in the last two weeks, I've been checking back into it a little more
in fact last night I was emailing back and forth with a guy about maybe having a coffee date...

we'll see!

check it out!