View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stuckinfear

RAH -thinks its okay to have 1 drink?

Not sure if he qualifies any more for being in Recovery? My AH went through outpatient rehab about 6 months ago. Was doing really well, faithfully going to AA and meeting with his sponsor. That started in March. In July on our family vacation, he drank openly in front of me on 2 different occasions. Said it was just a "Small Slip" b/c he only had a couple of drinks. Told him that was not gonna fly with me. As far as I can tell, he is not going to meetings very often and not communicating with his sponsor like he was. Pretty sure he didn't tell him about the drinking. I figured maybe the slip is normal, so giving him a chance. As far as I can tell he hasn't drank since then. BUT, we went to dinner 2 nights ago with friends, and he ordered a glass of wine, REALLY? Of course I couldn't make a scene b/c we were with other people. But when I confronted him about it yesterday, he says "well it was just a few sips". Again back to his AH justifications. ALSO, I think he may have tried to get some Oxy pills from a friend of his. THOUGHTS? He also likes to throw at me "well it doesn't really matter b/c you don't treat me any differently if I drink or don't". That's his classic line. HE doesn't get that it takes TIME, and for me a lot of it. But he keeps slipping, for me it all starts at point 1 again.